A Little Bit of Giving Back
“In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it.” | Marianne Williamson, author
Restoring credibility is something that takes time, patience and effort. Friends and family want to see that the changes you have made are genuine and enduring. Through positive, consistent choices and actions, you can begin to restore credibility with the people you love. Even more so, giving back is a great way to celebrate your recovery, channel your energy into something positive and experience the joy that comes from helping others.
In addition to sharing your story, there are many other ways you can serve:
• Clean up a neighborhood park or plant a community garden
• Donate time (and love) at a local homeless shelter, food pantry or animal shelter
• Volunteer at a call center
• Cook meals and deliver to local shut-ins
• Visit a senior center/nursing home and chat with or read to the elderly
Looking for more ways to get involved and give back to your community? Visit http://www.volunteermatch.org/ for a list of organizations and opportunities in your area.
We want to know…
How have you given back and served others in your community? Visit us on Facebook to engage with our social media community. We want to know how your recovery journey is going and what you’ve been doing to give back!